Early Childhood Classroom and Aftercare
Magnolia Montessori Academy is seeking a qualified primary assistant who has experience working with students 3 to 6 years old. We are looking for a motivated individual with Montessori experience, or a person who has the desire to learn the Montessori Method. Candidates must be willing to work under the guidance of a Montessori Lead Teacher and classroom assistant to help carry out the developmental and learning goals of the Montessori program. Candidates must be able to build genuine and respectful relationships with each child, maintain a positive and professional attitude, and implement strong classroom management skills.
Duties of classroom support include but are not limited to:
- Embody the Montessori philosophy, displaying deep respect and love for children
- Maintain a healthy, clean, and safe classroom environment
- Check and replenish consumable classroom items at the beginning and the end of the day
- Manage the room during class time so that the teacher can spend a reasonable amount of time giving undisturbed individual lessons
- Redirect children to work
- Monitor the playground during outside play and cafeteria during lunchtime
- Know the school’s discipline procedure and helping implement it when appropriate
- Assist in material preparation including copying, cutting, laminating, etc. as needed
- Organize after school activities and snacks
Hours of employment will be 11:30-5:30, Monday through Friday, with holidays off according to the Polk County Public Schools calendar.
For consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com