Seeking Applicants for the following positions:
Preschool teacher/assistant for the 2017/18 school year who is willing to take Montessori training and obtain/or has teaching certificate. Initial position would be a learning year with the plan to work into the lead teacher position within a year or two.The teaching assistants work cohesively with the lead teachers. The job duties range from organizing materials and cleaning the workspace to facilitating the learning process for each child. Assistants for school-age children may also be required to administer and grade assignments. All assistants are expected to support the Montessori teaching method. Specifically, they must help guide the child through self-directed activities, allowing the child to develop at his or her own pace.They are expected to foster, along with the lead teachers, a nurturing and stimulating non-competitive environment.
Preschool assistant for the 2017/18 school year. The teaching assistants work cohesively with the lead teachers. The job duties range from organizing materials and cleaning the workspace to facilitating the learning process for each child. All assistants are expected to support the Montessori teaching method. Specifically, they must help guide the child through self-directed activities, allowing the child to develop at his or her own pace. This applicant may or may not be interested in pursuing a teaching certificate/Montessori certification.
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — –
Assistant Teacher Job Description General Responsibilities:
• The assistant is responsible to the lead teacher and will assist in establishing and maintaining a harmonious classroom.
• Will help in establishing and maintaining Montessori classroom culture, paying particular attention to the needs of students.
• Carefully observe and keep records on each student’s individual progression through the classroom
always being available to offer gentle guidance.
• Participate in weekly staff meetings.
• Participate in all school events and conferences.
Responsibilities to the Lead Teacher:
• To assist the lead teacher with the children in their learning and understanding of the Montessori materials.
• To be informed and carry out duties as assigned by the lead teacher
• To be familiar with the Parent’s Handbook.
• To inform the lead teacher of any classroom difficulties, including discipline, health, equipment needs, repair and maintenance.
• To meet with the lead teacher to discuss goals for the class and individual students.
Responsibilities to the Children and Parents:
• Keep information confidential.
• Be professional and positive in all dealings with children and parents.
• Share all information from parents with lead teacher.
• Allow the children to be as independent as possible and try not to be an obstacle in their growth.
Responsibilities to the Classroom: Clean-up of the classroom.
For all other positions résumés are currently being accepted and placed into a pool for future positions that become available. Salaries and benefits are very competitive with the Polk County School District as we adopt the PCSB salary schedules. Current Polk County employees are not required to resign from the school district’s employment.
All Montessori lead teaching applicants, as well as music and art teachers, for grades Kindergarten and up must have at least a bachelor’s degree.
For Montessori lead teaching positions, teachers will either possess a MACTE (Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education) approved Montessori certification credential for the age level (Primary: preK-3, preK-4 and kindergarten, Elementary I: first, second and third grades, or Elementary II: fourth, fifth and sixth grades) they will be teaching; or if a teacher does not already hold certification, Magnolia Montessori Academy will arrange for training to begin the summer before employment through a MACTE approved Montessori teacher training program.
Teachers possessing a professional Florida state teaching license and/or a Montessori credential will be given preference.
Please feel free to send your cover letter (including your philosophy of education), résumé, a copy of your Montessori diploma, and a copy of your Bachelor’s Degree by mail or email.
Magnolia Montessori Academy
1540 New Jersey Road
Lakeland, FL 33803
Magnolia Montessori Academy is an equal opportunity employer.